General Information and Reservation Policies
Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our policies in anticipation of and prior to your visit. If you have any questions, please telephone the Manor at 410.778.5943 and we will gladly provide assistance.
- We require a two-night minimum stay year-round, except during certain times of the year and holidays when a three-night stay is required. Traditional rates include nightly accommodations as well as breakfast on each morning during your stay. Additional food and beverage offerings and experiences are available for an additional charge.
- To confirm your reservation, a one-night’s deposit at the time of booking is required.
- Final payment will be charged to the credit card on file 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Please note that gratuities are solely at the Guest’s discretion and may easily be added to your folio upon departure.
- Lodging rates are subject to a combined sales and lodging tax of 11% (6% MD and 5% Lodging).
- Rates are quoted for two guests and vary according to the day of the week and the season.
- While we love and appreciate animals, pets are prohibited at the Manor. Only service animals as defined under the ADA are permitted and must be under the handler’s control at all times. Emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals are not considered service animals under the ADA, and we do not allow these on-premises. Guests violating this policy will be charged a minimum $250 cleaning fee and asked to leave the property.
- Great Oak Manor is an adult property. Only children 16 years or older may accompany reserved adult guests. Exceptions may apply for whole-property rentals for weddings and family gatherings.
- Smoking is prohibited on the property.
- We accept only registered Great Oak Manor Gift Certificates. Gift certificates used for reservations adhere to the same policies as traditional reservations. Gift certificates for Great Oak Manor expire one year from the date of purchase, and they are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please let us know of your allergies and dietary preferences prior to your arrival.
- All rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi access, private baths, and air-conditioning.
Check-In Policies and Arrival Information
- Check-In time is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. May through October and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. November through April.
- Should you require an arrival time later than our standard check-in time, please make arrangements with us in advance.
- If you desire to dine with us for lunch or dinner at the Manor, please make advanced reservations, preferably 48 hours in advance. We are also happy to recommend and make any reservations for you at a number of local restaurants.
- Check-Out time is any time prior to 11 a.m. on the expected day of departure.
- All balances must be settled at the time of departure.
- Due to our size, cancellations affect us significantly; therefore, we adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
- All lodging reservations, including group bookings, require a 50% deposit at the time of booking.
- Your deposit less a $50 cancellation/change fee per room will be returned for cancellations made 30 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Guests who shorten their stay within 30 days of arrival remain responsible for all charges based on the reserved rate for all canceled nights. All early departures and no shows will be charged at the reserved rate for each unused room night.
- For Holidays, Special Event Weekends including Tea Party Weekend, Down Rigging Weekend, Washington College Graduation Weekend, Washington College Parents Weekend and Multiple Room Bookings the deposit less $50 per room will be refunded if canceled 60 days prior to scheduled arrival. All money is due if not canceled 60 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- The Group or Event Cancellation policy is contracted separately. If you are concerned about an unexpected emergency preventing your arrival, we recommend trip insurance, for instance, Travelinsurance.com or Allianz Travel Insurance.
Accessible Accommodations and Features
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- Our Sterling Suite is a first-floor, accessible suite which offers a king bedroom and a large sitting room. The bathroom provides shower-only with assistive hand grips in the shower and by the toilet. It is closest to the parking area and also offers loading and unloading at its exterior door.
- We ensure that our accessible guest room is held for use by individuals with disabilities.
- We guarantee that the specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving guest. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services by providing these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the Manor and our accessible room.
- Common areas, dining rooms, and reception areas are wheelchair accessible.
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- Great Oak Manor is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
- We have identified and described accessible features and inaccessible features in detail.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided reasonable access to specific areas of the Manor.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 410.778.5943 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility.